Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Am I your little doll?


This poem is very special for me. I wrote this as my message to Priya Maasi on the eve of her marriage :)

You are loving and caring,
Sensible and smart,
When it comes to being a good human being,
You have the biggest heart…
Here’s something you don’t like,
Housework, cooking and indecisiveness all right,
But when it comes to being a professional,
You take off to do it faster than a flash of light!
You were my favourite Maasi,
Spent more time with me when I was small,
But then suddenly – WORK, WORK, WORK…
Am I still your little doll?
From shorts and t-shirts, to suits and sarees,
What a sudden transformation;
You staying without your favourite short nighty,
Is totally out of question!
I feel you are just a child,
Wondering what marriage has in store for you,
When I said there is only one day to go,
You looked all pale and blue!
But don’t worry Priya Maasi,
We will be just a phone call away,
Ankit is so sweet and nice,
He’ll keep you happy each day!
Have fun in your new house,
Hope you’ll get settled soon,
Wish you a happy married life,
On Karvachauth, will you be looking for the moon??!*?

1 comment: